Early Intervention Service Coordinator
Full-Time Early Intervention Service Coordinator position available at Family Service Madison Bridges for Families Birth to 3 Program
The Birth to 3 Program Service Coordinator will work in partnership with families to assist through the initial steps of the early intervention process enrollment process. The Service Coordinator will remain involved throughout families’ participation in the Birth to 3 Program. The Service Coordinator coordinates the delivery of all services and serves as the point of contact in helping a family obtain the services the child and family need as described in the Individualized Family Service Plan.
The Service Coordinator works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in partnership with families and community agencies to promote and enhance the development of infants and toddlers with developmental delays, diagnosed medical conditions and disabilities in the home and community. The Bridges for Families Birth to 3 Program at Family Service Madison utilizes evidence-based coaching and teaming practices to enhance the capacity of families and other care providers through a relationship- based approach. The Bridges for Families Birth to 3 Program provides ongoing learning opportunities for children throughout daily activities and routines within the natural environment (home and community). The Service Coordinator will work in collaboration with health and educational systems and other community resources. The Service Coordinator will practice in accordance with Federal IDEA Part C regulations and WI Department of Health Services DHS 90 policies and procedures.
Service Coordination activities include:
· Coordinating the intake, evaluation and child and family assessments
· Facilitating and participating in development, review and evaluation of the IFSP
· Assisting parents in identifying available service providers
· Facilitating access to services and coordinating and monitoring the timely provision of services
· Informing parents of the availability of advocacy services
· Coordinating with medical and other health care providers
· Facilitating the development of transition plans.
Qualifications of the Service Coordinator:
1. A Service Coordinator shall have at least one year of supervised experience working with families with special needs, and have demonstrated knowledge and understanding about children ages birth to 3 years old.
2. The service coordinator may be a person from the list of qualified personnel (as defined by WI DHS 90) including but not limited to: Rehabilitation Counselors or a related field, Registered Nurses with at least a bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited institution and licensed, School Psychologists licensed, Social Workers certified, Special Education teachers licensed, or another person with experience and training, or a parent facilitator.
3. Reliable vehicle and valid driver's license.
Salary Range: Based on qualifications and experience
Eligible candidates must pass a Wisconsin caregiver background check and criminal history screening.
To apply, send your completed application (form below) and a resume to Julie Klaeser.
•By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• By mail: Family Service Madison
Attn: Julie Turner Klaeser
128 E. Olin Ave, Ste. 100
Madison, WI 53713
FAMILY SERVICE MADISON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Minorities encouraged to apply.
Family Service Madison provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status. All personnel actions, including but not limited to those relating to compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoffs, training, education, and tuition assistance are based on the principle of equal employment opportunity.
FAMILY SERVICE MADISON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER